How much have you missed?
Here’s a recap of this week. Just click the story to read on!
- Brett Kavanaugh was sworn in as America’s 114th Supreme Court Justice.
- Trump called Kavanaugh’s sexual assault allegations a “hoax” brought about by “people that are evil.”
- UN Ambassador Nikki Haley announced that she will resign at the end of the year.
- Kanye West is scheduled to meet with Donald Trump and Jared Kushner at the White House on Thursday.
- U.S. security officials said that China is trying to sway the upcoming U.S. vote in an ‘unprecedented campaign.’
- Taylor Swift broke her political silence for the first time ever and publicly endorsed a democratic candidate in Tennessee. After her powerful message to vote, Vote.org experienced an unprecedented surge of new voter registrations.
- Priyanka Chopra is helping to bring Bumble to India later this year.
- Selena Gomez has been in and out of the hospital the past few weeks, and is now seeking treatment after a mental health crisis
- Channing Tatum is dating Jessie J following his split from Jenna Dewan.
- Camila Mendes made her relationship with Charles Melton Instagram official.
- A tragic limousine crash in Albany, NY, left 20 people dead. The son of the owner of the limo company has been arrested and charged with criminally negligent homicide.
- Hurricane Michael (category 4) made landfall near Mexico Beach, Florida. It’s the strongest storm to hit the continental United States since 1992. *A Frontier flight was forced to deplane so the police could remove a woman with an emotional support squirrel.
- Two astronauts survived an emergency landing after their rocket experienced a technical failure and plummeted back to earth.
- A Saudi journalist entered the Saudi Consulate in Turkey last week, and never exited. Murder is suspected.
- A polio-like virus called Acute Flaccid Myelitis appears to have affected 18 children in Illinois, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota.
- A new UN report is drawing more attention to the urgent issue of climate change, and the unlikelihood of averting global warming.
- Democratic Republic of Congo is seeing an Ebola outbreak that the World Health Organization expects to last several months, and possibly spread to Uganda or Rwanda.
- Tests have found cadmium, a toxic metal, in jewelry being sold nationwide at stores like Ross, Nordstrom Rack, and Papaya.
- A new study says that hand sanitizer helps to cut back on children’s sick days more than hand washing does. ]
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!