How much have you missed?
Here’s a recap of this week. Just click the story to read on!
- Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, who is accusing SCOTUS candidate Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, wants an FBI investigation conducted.
- North and South Korea committed to an ‘era of no war.’
- The US said this week that it was ready to resume talks with North Korea ater Pyongang pledged to dismantle key facilities. The goal is denuclearization by 2021.
- The South African government legalized marijuana for private use by adults.
- Ex-Trump advisor Paul Manafort pleaded guilty to foreign lobbying and witness tampering, and he has agreed to cooperate in the Mueller probe.
- The 70th annual Emmys were this week, hosted by Colin Jost and Michael Che. Here’s Time’s recap (and here’s OUR recap).
- Meghan Markle’s first solo charity product was unveiled this week. To celebrate, she hosted her first palace event.
- America’s Got Talent crowned a winner this week.
- Kylie Jenner tried cereal with milk for the first time. Twitter reacted.
- We’ve been saying Chrissy Teigen’s name wrong all along. She finally taught us how to say it.
- Hurricane Florence hit the Carolinas and Virginia with a devastating blow this week.
- A woman was brutally stabbed while jogging in Washington DC.
- Elon Musk is being sued by a diver who aided in the Thai cave rescue for calling him a “pedophile and child rapist.”
- Multiple victims have been reported in Hartford County, Maryland, after a shooting.
- Los Angeles is preparing to ban the sale of fur products, making it the largest city in the US to do so.
- Scientists warn against ‘futile’ (read: pointless) post-Hurricane rebuilding efforts on the North Carolina coast, as rising sea levels and future storms will quickly undo the efforts.
- The Blue Origin’s new Glenn rocket program, which is currently in development, is undergoing engine tests. Jeff Bezos said he’d invest $1 billion in it next year.
- A new study showed that 30 million (one in seven) Americans have Diabetes, and many don’t know that they have it.
- Needles have been mysteriously found in strawberries across Australia and New Zealand.
- 57 schools in Detroit have high levels of copper and lead in their drinking water.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!