How much have you missed?
Here’s a recap of this week.
- Two more women have come forward accusing SCOTUS nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct in high school. He is denying the accusation. He was questioned about an anonymous fourth allegation as well.
- Donald Trump was laughed at by attendees of the UN General Assembly after stating that his administration had “accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country.”
- Trump accused China of meddling against him in the upcoming midterm elections.
- Mystery has shrouded Attorney General Rod Rosenstein this week, after it was reported that he would be stepping down from his position ahead of being fired by Trump. He is set to meet with Trump in the coming days.
- Dr. Christine Blasey Ford testifies against Brett Kavanaugh before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday. Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing remains set for Friday.
- The casting of “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” was revealed, and people have mixed feelings.
- Childish Gambino has postponed his ‘This Is America’ tour until December due to a foot injury.
- The full version of The Shallow, from A Star Is Born, was released Thursday.
- Rashida Jones had a baby several months ago, it was confirmed this week.
- Meghan Markle closed her own car door, and the internet freaked out.
- Bill Cosby was sentenced to 3-10 years in prison for raping a woman in 2004.
- A U.S. appeals court upheld Louisiana’s provision requiring doctors who perform abortions to have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital.
- A teaser-trailer for the sixth and final season of House of Cards has been released, with president Claire Underwood at the reigns.
- Students from Bristol University raised money to send a beloved janitor on his first vacation in almost a decade.
- The CDC revealed that 80,000 Americans died of the flu last winter, and are strongly urging Americans to get vaccinated.
- The US and Cuba have created their first joint biotech venture, which aims to bring new cancer treatments to the US.
- New images from the Ryugu asteroid’s surface have been released from Japan’s Hayabusa 2 rovers.
- A new 12-ton dinosaur crouched like a cat was discovered in South Africa.
- Scientists gave ecstasy to octopuses to help with their shyness (don’t try this at home).
- Studies suggest that combined hormonal birth control is linked to reduced risk of ovarian cancer.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!