How much have you missed?
Here’s a recap of this week. Just click the story to read on!
- Robert Mueller revealed that Michael Flynn, Trump's first National Security Advisor, helped substantially in the Russia Investigation and should serve little to no prison time for lying to federal investigators.
- GOP senators in Wisconsin rushed to pass bills limiting the power of the incoming democratic governor.
- Officials are investigating voter fraud in North Carolina after allegations that republicans tampered with absentee ballots.
- Satellite images have revealed that North Korea has expanded a long-range missile base in spite of Kim Jong Un's talk of denuclearization at the Singapore Summit in June.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co is concerned about plummeting stocks and a potential trade war with China after contradictory and likely fabricated statements by Trump.
- Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra tied the knot this week with a several-day-long celebration in India that included a blend of events and ceremonies from their respective cultures.
- Cardi B revealed on Instagram that she and husband Offset have split up.
- It was revealed earlier this week that Netflix would be removing 'Friends' in 2019. However, after widespread internet backlash, Netflix paid $100M to keep it.
- Golden Globes nominations are out. Here are the biggest surprises.
- Ariana Grande is Billboard's Woman of the Year. Duh.
- After pictures of Travis Scott allegedly cheating on Kylie were released, it was revealed that it was all a YouTube prank.
- Former President George H.W. Bush passed away this week at age 94, and had a grand and well-attended funeral.
- Several women have come forward with sexual assault allegations against Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- A substitute teacher at a New Jersey school will not be returning after they debunked the Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, and Tooth Fairy myths to six and seven year-old students.
- PETA asked for an end to 'anti-animal language.' The internet didn't take it well.
- Luxembourg has announced a plan to make all public transportation free by summer 2019.
- A Border Patrol agent has been indicted for capital murder. He confessed to killing four women and is eligible for the death penalty in Texas. *One U.S. Marine was killed and five are missing after two Marine Corps aircrafts collided in mid-air off the coast of Japan. Both aircrafts crashed into the ocean.
- 5.1 million pounds of raw beef products are being recalled due to a widespread salmonella outbreak in the United States.
- Researchers say that CO2 emissions are at an all-time high.
- Next week's UN Summit will focus on international climate negotiations called COP24. Here's what you should know about climate change before the summit begins.
- A new report says that migrants do not pose a threat to public health, and that the claims that they do are fueled simply by racism.
- Australian researchers have developed a 10-minute test that can detect cancer in any part of the body.