How much have you missed?
Here’s a recap of this week. Just click the story to read on!
- Donald Trump gave a written statement to Special Counsel Robert Mueller. Here’s a summary.
- It was revealed that Ivanka Trump had used her personal email account for White House business. Sound familiar? Ivanka disagrees.
- Cindy Hyde-Smith, the Republican senator who made an off-color joke about public hangings, won the Senate race in Mississippi.
- The city of Baltimore is suing the Trump Administration over a policy that discourages immigrants from accessing benefits.
- After Trump voiced his support of Saudi Arabia in regards to the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, bipartisan legislation was put forward by the Senate to end U.S. support and involvement in the Saudi-led war in Yemen.
- After Trump’s administration released the Fourth National Climate Assessment which warned of the danger of climate change, Trump said he doesn’t believe it.
- CNN fact-checked Sarah Huckabee Sanders’s remarks live during a press conference. Here’s the damage.
- Margaret Atwood announced that she is writing a sequel to The Handmaid’s Tale called “The Testaments.”
- Stephen Hillenburg, the creator of Spongebob Squarepants, has died after a battle with ALS.
- Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra appear to have started their wedding festivities with a puja ceremony, which is performed to spiritually celebrate a special occasion. They will have two wedding ceremonies, one Indian and one Western.
- Khloe Kardashian revealed her daughter True’s first word.
- Ariana Grande released the trailer for her ‘thank u, next’ music video and it. Is. EPIC.
- Tear gas was used at the Mexican border to deter a migrant caravan from crossing into the U.S. seeking asylum. Mexico spoke out, saying migrants have the right to seek U.S. asylum.
- A 78-year-old prisoner admitted to 90 murders between 1970-2005. The FBI are investigating.
- California is looking into legal action that may be able to be taken against the Trump Administration’s use of force against the migrant caravan at the Mexican border.
- A new report found that women in the U.S. earned roughly half the income of their male counterparts over a 15-year period.
- A San Diego businessman gave $1,000 to every student (980 of them) and faculty member (105 of them) at Paradise High school following the devastating wildfires. These generous donations totaled $1.1 million.
- The Fourth National Climate Assessment was released this week, which said that global warming, if unchecked, will cost the US hundreds of billions of dollars in annual losses and have significant impacts on human health, sea levels, crop yield, and ocean temperature and acidity.
- NASA’s Insight spacecraft has landed on Mars and we have our first pictures.
- More than 200 sea turtles have been found frozen to death on Cape Cod. Ironically, global warming is a possible cause.
- Certain romaine lettuce is now safe to eat again after an E. coli outbreak, as long as it did not come from certain counties in California.
- New evidence indicates that a giant rhino called a “Siberian unicorn” roamed the earth along with humans until at least 39,000 years ago.