How much have you missed?
Here’s a recap of this week. Just click the story to read on!
- CNN is suing Trump and some White House aides for banning journalist Jim Acosta last week. Even Fox News supports them.
- The Trump administration is implementing restrictions that will deny asylum for migrants caust grossing the order illegally, removing the legal protections for those facing persecution in their home country.
- Kyrsten Sinema (D) beat Martha McSally (R) to become Arizona’s first female senator.
- The U.K. is expected to leave the European Union on March 29th after a draft agreement was made up between Theresa May and EU officials (this is Brexit, BTW).
- Melania Trump called for national security advisor Mira Ricardel to be fired after their offices clashed and it was revealed that Trump was going to fire Ricardel.
- Trump is planning to fire Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen “as soon as possible.”
- Pete Davidson apologized to Lt. Com. Dan Crenshaw, the politician he had mocked the appearance of during last week’s SNL Weekend Update. This week, Lt. Com. Crenshaw roasted Pete right back.
- Teasers for Toy Story 4 were released this week.
- The Royal Family released two family portraits to honor Prince Charles’s 70th birthday, and we got a rare peek at Prince Louis.
- It was announced that Lisa Vanderpump would be leaving the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills after season 9.
- The People’s Choice Awards were this week. Here’s who won, and here’s what they wore.
- Amazon announced it’s two new headquarter locations in New York’s Long Island City and Arlington, Virginia.
- The Satanic Temple is suing Netflix and Warner Bros. for ripping off their statue of Baphomet (remember the giant goat statue?).
- Stan Lee, the Marvel Comics legend, passed away this week at age 95.
- Devastating wildfires are leading to casualties (over 44 so far) and losses of homes in California. Celebrities including Miley Cyrus, Gerard Butler, and Robin Thicke have spoken out about having their homes destroyed.
- After Trump fired Attorney General Jeff Sessions last week, nationwide protests took place to call for the protection of Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.
- A UFO is being investigated by the Irish Aviation Authority after being spotted off the coast of Ireland.
- NASA shared an image they captured of a dolphin formation within Jupiter’s clouds.
- The rate of cigarette smoking in the U.S. has reached a new low.
- The European Space Agency launched a spacecraft to explore Mercury this week.
- New research indicates that Neanderthals may not have been as violent as our stereotypes say they were.