How much have you missed?
Here’s a recap of this week. Just click the story to read on!
- The Trump foundation has agreed to dissolve under judicial supervision as it faces a lawsuit concerning financial mismanagement.
- Trump announced that Ryan Zinke, Interior Department secretary, will step down at the end of the year.
- It was announced that the Trump administration would withdraw all U.S. troops from Syria immediately after Trump declared victory over ISIS on Twitter.
- A federal judge declared that Jeff Sessions’s decision to make asylum claims more challenging to advance, is illegal, and will allow some asylum-seekers to make their case again.
- A Texas judge ruled that Obamacare was unconstitutional, and many are saying he made a broad, biased call.
- The U.S. has imposed new sanctions targeting Russian Intelligence officials who meddled in the 2016 presidential election, among other crimes.
- Many were concerned after Pete Davidson posted a worrisome note on Instagram saying that he didn’t “want to be on this earth anymore.”He then deleted his Instagram. He is being watched and cared for by loved ones, and he made a brief appearance on SNL on Saturday.
- Offset interrupted Cardi B onstage at the Rolling Loud festival to ask her to take hi back, and she was not thrilled.
- Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra had another wedding ceremony, this time in Mumbai.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is officially getting a sequel..
- Kanye came for Drake on Twitter, and we don’t even know where to begin so read about it here.
- Colin Kroll, the co-founder of HQ Trivia and Vine, was found dead this week of a suspected drug overdose.
- Facebook said that a bug might have shared 6.8 million people’s published and unpublished photos with developers.
- A student at UT Dallas has been banned from campus after students signed a petition saying that he should not be there after raping a 19-year-old at a party at Baylor University in 2016, however he is avoiding jail time and will not have to register as a sex offender.
- The CDC revealed that gun deaths in the U.S. have reached the highest level in 40 years.
- Buzzfeed won a defamation lawsuit over the Trump Dossier that they published in 2017.
- A study found that the leading cause of death in kids aged 1-19 was injury, and that the U.S. has the highest rates of death in children from cars and guns.
- City lawmakers in Washington D.C. have committed to 100% renewable energy by 2032.
- U.S. Attorney General has called youth vaping an ‘epidemic.’
- The da Vinci surgical robot is a medical breakthrough, but it has proven to be risky for some patients.
- A 4,400 year-old tomb of an Egyptian royal priest has been uncovered in pristine condition.
- Elon Musk unveiled a test car tunnel, which he sees as a potential fix for Los Angeles traffic.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!