The new college semester is fast approaching, for some it will be for freshman year, for others it’ll be going back for your next year. Whatever year you’re going back for, getting into fitness in the new semester is always a great idea. Here are 5 top tips for getting into fitness in your new semester!
1. Set Small, Reachable GoalsSetting small realistic goals is a lot easier and more achievable than setting one big goal. Try setting goals like; working out 2-3 times a week to begin with or, trying a different sport/ exercise every month. These small achievable goals will be easier to reach and keep you on the right track rather than "I want to lose 3lbs!".
2. Be A Team PlayerBeing at college is a huge advantage when wanting to try a new sport or join a team, most of the time most school teams have different levels of fitness, from beginners to more advanced players, so there is always something for everyone! It’s also a great way to meet new people!
3. Get The Kit Right!Wearing the right type of clothing when working out is so important. It allows you to be comfortable while doing exercise and it will help prevent you from injury. No Days Off Tee Active Colorblock Jacket Make sure you are wearing the right clothing to suit the activity for example you will need a more supportive sports bra for running and a less supportive one for low impact activities like yoga. You can now grab 10% off at Forever 21 using your UNiDAYS discount so why not take advantage of their already affordable gym gear. Grey Printed Capri Leggings Abstract Print Leggings Splatter Capri Leggings
4. Buddy UpFitness is so much more fun when you are doing it with other people. Why not invite your new roommates to work out with you, whether it be for a run or playing a sport in your nearest park? When you’re working out with other people it will allow you to be more focused and keep each other motivated. You could even set some challenges for each other and get a bit competitive!
5. Relax & Have FunDon’t do too much! If you tell yourself you’re going to work out 5-6 times a week and then don’t achieve that it’ll cause you to lose your motivation. Fitness should be fun. There is no need to take it so seriously, if you’re having fun when working out then it’ll help relieve the stress of college life as well as keeping you motivated!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!