Are you moving to college but have no idea what to pack apart from clothes? We feel ya. Packing up for a big move can be tough, but lucky for you we’ve put together a checklist of some of the essentials - you’ll be ready in no time!
- Bed SheetsI don’t imagine it’s much fun trying to sleep without bed sheets or pillowcases. Plus, it’s so much nicer sleeping on your OWN bed sheets and pillowcases.
- StorageYou’re bound to need storage boxes and drawers for all your personal and study bits. Why not get some fold up storage boxes to save on the space? You’ve got to be savvy in this game!
- AccessoriesMaking your dorm room personal to you is an exciting part of moving to college. We’re crushing over these Stars, Stripes and Bricks Coasters and these Harry Love Coasters from Ript Apparel! Say goodbye to the dreaded coffee ring stain!
- UtensilsI’m talking knifes, forks, spoons, ladles, wooden spoons and so on. Make sure you’ve got everything with you that would normally be in your kitchen at home. I’m afraid plastic knifes and forks are just a no-no.
- CookbookYou can be sure to whip up some treats using this Food and Life Cookbook from Club Monaco. Who said students could only eat noodles? Plus, don’t forget you can save 20% on this using your UNiDAYS discount! Winner.
- Cleaning ProductsMake sure you’ve got a load of cleaning products to keep the kitchen squeaky clean. Remember to pack some hand wash for the sink too!
Desk EssentialsOf course, at college, you’re going to need lots of goodies for studying with. From pens to notebooks to bulletin boards, our girl Allie’s got it covered in her study essentials checklist post. Check it out!
- TowelsSimilar to the bed sheets one, having your own towels is a must. You could also take some over-the-door hooks to hang your towels on after you’ve used them. Ain’t nobody got time for mould.
- Shower CaddyEven if you can’t actually put the caddy in the shower, it will make life so much easier for you if you have all of your shower bits in one place, as you can literally just take the caddy to and from the bathroom. And, no-one will use your stuff either!
- FanHonestly, you’ll thank me for this. Taking a fan to college with you will be so handy on those stuffy nights where you’re literally melting. It may be a bit of a faff to lug around with you, but just think about that cool breeze!
- PassportYou never know if you’ll end up travelling whilst you’re at college, especially when you can get 10% off at Hotels.com using your UNiDAYS discount. Spontaneous break away? Hell to the yeah. But please remember to put your passport somewhere safe and memorable, it’s never much fun losing it! Hero Image
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!