Whether you're a cheerleader, a Quarterback or you're the star of your school's basketball team college sports are seriously beneficial in more ways than one.
1. Talent DevelopmentIf you've already got the talent, your college team can seriously help you to hone your talent and get even better and what you're already great at!
2. Community Support & Team WorkBeing part of a team and a community can massively help your self-esteem and improve your time at college greatly. If you've come from a big city and you're not used to a community close-knit feel, this could be quite a change but you'll definitely enjoy it.
3. Health & FitnessObviously, playing sports and training with a team is going to positively affect your health and wellbeing. You'll be more motivated to eat healthy with you team backing you up and you'll be exercising regularly to improve your cardio and get stronger.
4. Relationship BuildingMaking contacts with coaches and other players will be really beneficial for you in the future as well as whilst you're still at college. Plus, you'll make friends for life as most people around you will have similar interests and motivators.
5. Resume BoostingEven if you're not planning to become a professional sportsperson, being part of a team is really great for your resume. It shows that you've spent your time at college making friends, working hard at something other than your studies and also shows commitment, a competitive mindset and great time management skills. But, if you are planning to become a intercollegiate athlete, at the next level, you need to make sure that your grades and test scores are at the top that they can be as well as your effort on the field. Why? Good students stay eligible, make great teammates and graduate on time.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!