We often take the community we live in for granted so it’s important to give back to it every once in a while. Who knows, maybe you’ll develop a passion for it along the way. With summer around the corner, many of the ways to give back can be great ways to spend your free time!
1. Volunteer At A ShelterBoth pet and homeless shelters are amazing for the causes they serve. However, these non-profits often run solely on volunteers and may need more of them then they let on. Volunteering can be rewarding and much more fun when done with friends or family. You can choose where you’d rather volunteer depending on whether you prefer animals or people more.
2. Support Small & Local BusinessesIt may sound odd but shopping does give back to your community. When you shop locally, you are helping the economy in your area. Not only can you shop at small business, but also you can help promote them even just by means of word of mouth or social media. Encourage your followers to check out that new local café or boutique.
3. Start A Food DriveTake the initiative yourself to help your community. Many people go without food, so donations of non-perishable food items are important. You can set up several donation stations at local schools, banks, libraries, and other public buildings. You can also promote this on your social media profiles or hang up signs locally. Happy contributing guys!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!