As much as it's tempting to work away your summer getting a tonne of experience, earning some money and networking your ass off you could need a break! Obviously this is an awesome idea to boost your career and get a load of experience but you don't need to devote your entire summer to it if you don't want to. You've been at college all year and I'm sure you've already worked super hard on your studies and you might even have a part time job at college that you've been busting at all semester. Plus, if this is your last summer before heading out into the big wide world of employment you should totally cherish it! Take advantage of not having to get up at 6am and head into an office, get up at 9am and head to the beach instead.
1. Relax To The MaxIf you've been working seriously hard all year and all your work is done, it's time to relax. Without a doubt you will have been stressed this past year at college so it's time to reward yourself with a little R & R. Hang out with your friends, sleep in, don't worry too much about the coming months and just take some time to yourself. This is the perfect opportunity for a vacation so get planning! Check out our top 4 vacay destinations blog post here for some more ideas.
2. Fun, Fun, FunObviously the summer is the best chance for you to really have some fun. Why not plan a road trip and document the whole thing with a Go Pro? Use Vimeo to upload and share the entire thing and grab 50% off a Plus account with your UNiDAYS® college discount. With a Vimeo Plus account you get 5GB of storage a week, no ads, the advanced video player customization, advanced statistics, domain level privacy and priority support! Pretty sweet if you ask me.
3. Study CentralTaking the summer off to work means that you'll actually have a lot more free time than you think, you can definitely get some extra studying in if you fancy broadening your horizons even further. You could learn a new language, a new skill or even take a course to get some extra qualifications. Just because you're not working doesn't mean that you can't learn as a replacement. If you don't quite fancy taking up a whole new qualification you could simply take on a new hobby. Start that yoga course you've always wanted to!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!