WTF…how is it 2018?! You won’t believe that these songs came out 10 years ago! So, cast your minds back to 2008: Britney and Paris Hilton were BFFs, High School Musical 3 was in theaters and Obama was elected as president, oh how times have changed! Get ready to take a trip down memory lane…
1. American Boy - Estelle feat. Kanye West
Everyone knew Kanye’s rap in this one.
2. I kissed a gir l- Katy Perry
…and she liked it.
3. Touch my body - Mariah Carey
Cringing now at the thought of you singing this as a 9 year old?
4. Viva la Vida - Coldplay
Ultimate summer classic
5. So what - P!nk
P!nk fuelling our girl power rebellion since 2008.
6. Womanizer - Britney Spears
‘Womanizer, woman, womanizer, you’re a womanizer’- Brit demonstrating songwriting at it’s best.
7. When I grow up - Pussycat Dolls
Did they say ‘I wanna have groupies’ or ‘boobies?’ Either way both were true then and now.
8. Pocketful of sunshine - Natasha Beddingfield
Channelling Emma Stone singing in shower.
9. Low - Flo-rida feat T-Pain
10 years later and you’re still getting down to this in da club!
10. Love Story - Taylor Swift
Young T-Swift is the best T-Swift.
11. I’m yours - Jason Mraz
People are still using these lyrics for their #couplegoals post
12. Just Dance - Lady Gaga
Don't lie, you still don't know the words to the breakdown.
13. Chasing Pavements - Adele
Oh my, where it all began for Adele! What a 10 years it’s been for her!
14. Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
15. Single Ladies - Beyonce
Still an essential track on any party playlist and a gets the girl squad going like nobody’s business.
16. 4 minutes - Madonna and Justin Timberlake
Who can forget the strange dance-stripping by Madonna in that vid?
17. That’s not my name - The Ting Tings
Me at orientation explaining what my name is.
18. Crush - David Archuleta
This song is so 2008 it hurts!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!