It might not be time for classes just yet but it's definitely time to start stocking up on your essentials to head to college with. We're not talking beer kegs and glow sticks yet unfortunately (that time will come!), this check list is all about your study necessities. Study gear definitely doesn't have to be boring though, with up to 15% off some of your favorite brands, here are some serious sweet buys to brighten up your desk.
The Note-Taking EssentialsYou'll definitely need all of this gear so take note!
- Student Planner/DiaryThis bad boy will be your everything, you'll have your timetable in here, the times of your extra curricular activities and much more, you won't want to lose this so get a brightly colored one that catches your eye.
- Notebooks & FoldersThese are a given, note taking is what college is all about, isn't it? Well, it might not be the most exciting activity of your college career but it's guaranteed to happen so why not make it more fun with a notebook you actually like? If you're messy and always spilling your coffee over your notebooks then this Luckies Waterproof Notebook could be your lifesaver! I also love the print on this Paperchase Leaf Print Notebook, it's so bright and fun.
- Index Cards & Hole PunchYou'll want something else apart from stray notes to pop into your folders, right? Of course! Grab yourself some index cards to make notes about super important topics and a hole punch to secure them with.
- HighlightersBuy a pack of four because there's always a kid that doesn't have one!
- Sticky NotesHow awesome are these You're Cute Sticky Notes? Perfect for leaving yourself or your roommates reminders and notes!
- PensA total given, you can't forget these.
- Scissors & TapeScissors and tape will probably come more in handy than you first realise so you might as well get funky ones. Think wrapping up roommate's birthday gifts, sending packages home, repairing notebooks, opening parcels, online shopping returns, the possibilities for scissors and tape are endless. I'm into this cute Rainbow Tape Dispenser that you can grab from Urban Outfitters with 10% college discount!
- USB DrivesThese are one of the most important things you need for college. You need to be saving all your papers onto your laptop, onto a cloud storage platform and onto a USB drive. Yep, all of them, it's better to be safe than sorry! I love this Bruno USB Drive from Valfre, attach it to your keychain too so you'll always know where it is.
The Organization Aids
- Bulletin BoardAs well as being function, a bulletin board can actually be really fun and brighten up your dorm room, plus it doesn't have to be plain old cork. Check out this amazing metal grid version below. Grab yourself some copper bulldog clips, your favourite photographs and some ticket stubs and you've got a super Instagrammable bulletin board!
- Desk OrganizerThis melamine, totally wipe free, cute as hell tray desk organiser from Urban Outfitters is perfect for keeping all your important bits and pieces together. Sure, it might look a little like something they serve dinner on in Orange Is The New Black but I'm going with it. I couldn't not include this amazing cactus desk organizer either, perfect for pinning photos to!
- Wall CalenderIf you're not an iCal kind of person a wall calendar is a great way for you to count down the days until vacation or mark important dates like exams!
- Desk LampDon't strain your eyes by working by laptop light, grab yourself a fancy desk lamp like this Copper Desk Lamp from Urban Outfitters and jazz up your desk in the mean time!
The Home Away From HomeYour backpack will become the house for all things study. If it's not on your desk, it'll be tucked into your backpack so it's a great idea to get a super sturdy and comfortable one. My favorites from Urban Outfitters are the Polar Retro Rollmop Backpack, the Rothco Camo Rucksack and this cool patch-covered Vans Calico Backpack. Don't forget you can grab 10% off UO with your UNiDAYS college discount!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!