Forget about flying this summer, the road trip is where it's at! Check out my top 5 that I'd love to try. There are so many more that you could try, let us know your favorites in the comments if you have any.Happy road-tripping guys!
1. The Seafood Tour - New Orleans To FloridaEating my way through the summer? This sounds perfect! This is a big trip, take the 425-mile seafood tasting menu and stop off along the way to surf, kayak, explore and take in all the beautiful beaches. Don't forget to stop off in Alabama and visit the 164 ace Audubon Bird Sanctuary and grab some Beignets from New Orleans before you leave! Check out this amazing article for more information on this road trip.
2. Rapid City To Sturgis - South DakotaIf the Sons of Anarchy bug got you as bad as it did me, you'll love this 102 mile road trip. The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is a mega biker meet up and is happening August 3-9. Grab your bike and ride down if you've got on or just chill in the car and appreciate all the amazing bikes! Planning this South Dakota Road Trip means you can travel through the Black Hills on the way to Sturgis and stop at the Custer State Park to spot buffalo and loads of other wildlife. There's even boutique and spa hotels along the way so it's not all dirty bikes and leather! https://twitter.com/SturgisRally/status/732219588679606272
3. Las Vegas To The Grand CanyonIf you're visiting Vegas this summer you have to take a trip to the Grand Canyon. It can be done in a day if you're up for a long drive and you have to be super careful driving in the dark on the way back to Vegas. You take a pit stop at the Hoover Dam which is really pretty and a great place for photos along the way and then hike your day away at the Grand Canyon or even take a helicopter ride if that strikes your fancy. Don't forget to pack your souvenir t-shirt! This Canyon Postcard Road Trip Tank from Wildfox is super cute and we couldn't resist the Tan Lines Roadtrip Tank either (perfect if you're from Cali and on vacation!).
4. The Pacific Coast HighwayThis trip sees you drive from Los Angeles to San Francisco in a week. First stop; Malibu! This Malibu Sunscreen Ombre Baggy Beach Sweater is obviously a packing essential for evenings on the beach. Hit Santa Barbara on the next day and indulge in beautiful hotels and even more sunshine. Cambria is next with it's giant cliffs, amazing scenery and with Hearst Castle a stone's throw away you can chill with some zebras and see the sights. Next up glamping in Big Sur in a yurt must be done and don't forget to take your Golden State Backseat Tank along for the ride.
5. The High Road to Taos - New MexicoA round trip of approximately 165 miles, this road trip takes you on a tour of traditional weaving villages packed with galleries all the way through to Taos, a town packed with museums, more galleries, shops, restaurants and the historic Taos Pueblo. On the way to Taos, in Las Trampas, you'll find San Jose de Gracia de las Trampas, an 18th-century mission church, which is one of New Mexico's best-preserved examples of Spanish Colonial architecture! This road follows several routes as it runs between former Spanish colonies Santa Fe and Taos and is totally gorgeous.
You'll definitely be in need of these super cute Wildfox tees on this trip. Pair the Take Me Somewhere Sunny yellow tee with denim cut-offs and leather sandals and pack the Swing State Denver Tee for a change of clothes for the evening. Get more information about this awesome road trip from the Sante Fe tourism board.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!