Whether you're off travelling or just on vacay, it's super useful to know some easy phrases. You can save 10% on Rosetta Stone using your UNiDAYS® college discount if you're serious about learning a new language or you're majoring in one, how great is that? We're going to go through a few of the most sought after languages and teach you guys a few useful phrases. Listen up! This week, it's Spanish!
1. ¿Cuánto cuesta?Cuánto means how much and cuesta means it costs. Together this means 'how much is it/does it cost?'. You can say ¿cuánto cuesta esto? for 'how much is this?' or if you are pointing at something then replace esto with eso, which means 'that'. Also, as an addition to this La cuenta, por favor means 'bill/check please'.
2. Dos Cervezas Por FavorTwo beers please!
3. Mi Nombre Es / Me LlamoMy name is!
4. ¿Hablas inglés?Hablas comes from hablar which is the verb for to speak. Inglés obviously means English and together it means 'do you speak English?'
5. Estoy perdido. ¿Dónde está el baño?'I'm lost, where is the restroom?'. Because you don't want to be lost AND need to pee.
Other Useful Spanish WordsHola means hello. Adios means goodbye. Gracias means thank you. De nada means you’re welcome. El equipaje means luggage/baggage.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!