Making your dorm room your own is what college is all about. It's a rite of passage and it can be so fun to create your own space. Here are 5 top tips and hacks to create an awesome college dorm room. Plus, grab 15% off Bed, Bath & Beyond as a part of their awesome in-store events. Find your nearest event here.
1. PersonalizeAdding a monogram of your own initial or even your new sorority's letters can be a fantastic way to personalise your room. Monograms make your space so obviously yours it's a great way to show your individual style. I love these confetti letters that I found on Pinterest but you could add flowers, wrap them in ribbon, paint them or stick magazine cut-outs onto them. These Bed, Bath & Beyond Wall Letters are perfect for personalizing!
2. OrganizeDorm rooms aren't known for their never-ending space so it's a great idea to nail your storage and organization before you move in. Drawers are one of the easiest things to store your essential study gear in but they're also so easy to mess up and they can become untidy very quickly. Avoid this by grabbing yourself a 3 Piece Clear Organiser Set, lining your drawers with printed paper and designating each organizer spot to a specific item. We love this example.
3. Wall ArtObviously it's not a great idea to deface the walls of your new dorm room but with nifty things on the market like these Bed, Bath & Beyond Wall Pops which are wipe clean, won't damage your walls and you can write cute messages, reminders and more on them!
4. Light It UpString lights are one of the easiest ways to make your dorm room more comfortable and have a nicer atmosphere. I love the idea of these Vintage Bulb designed lights for a different take on the classic string lights.
5. PhotographsAdding personal photographs and memories is a surefire way of making your dorm room feel like home.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!