Labor Day is coming up super soon! Though we just throw around the name, it’s actually meant to be a day off of work in order to celebrate the accomplishments of workers. So, pat yourself on the back if you do work of any kind and enjoy the day in an extraordinary way.
1. Take a day tripDon’t have the time or the money to travel outside of the country? Don’t worry about it, not a lot of us do. Even one day off can be made a blast with a day trip. Just be sure to do some digging online and find the best places. Search for incredible restaurants and areas to shop. Grab a friend (or two) and make it a great time. Make sure you're wearing a super comfortable outfit. I love American Apparel for everyday basics that look awesome and are great quality. I'd wear this cute Denim Mid-Length Tie-Up Top with the keepin'-it-cool Linen Canyon Skirt and would always pack a hoodie like this Salt & Pepper one in my backpack for when the evening rolls around.
2. Shop 'til you dropLabor Day tends to bring about some unbeatable sales. Whether you want to shop online from the comfort of your bed or conquer the crowds at nearby stores, you’re sure to snag some clothing for next season at a reasonable price. Stock up on essentials like white t-shirts, sandals, and a nice pair of sunnies and don't forget to use your UNiDAYS discount!
3. Host a get-togetherThere’s nothing like a party full of your closest family and friends. Keep yourself occupied on Labor Day by planning a relaxing and enjoyable day. It might be nice to have a barbeque, play a game like corn hole, or just dance while listening to music! Suggest that everyone brings a dish or party supply in order to keep the party effortless. Check out our favorite Labor Day recipes on Pinterest! You want to look your best for your party, right? This Margot Dress from American Apparel can do you no wrong with it's flattering shape and color. Guys, this Gingham Lightweight Poplin Shirt is your version of the LBD - rock it!
4. DIYs & spring-cleaningNow that you have the time, there’s no excuse not to dedicate the day to hanging up that picture you’ve been meaning to or even cleaning up your bathroom. Buy your supplies beforehand so the day can truly be full of tasks you’ve been putting off. By the time your next work day rolls around, you can come home to a cleanly home and relax with more crossed off your to-do list. No matter what you decide to do, make the most of it and enjoy the day with your loved ones. Don’t forget what the day is truly about though; you and all your hard work. Pamper yourself in some way or another and don’t bother to feel guilty.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!