There’s something about New York City in the winter that is all the more magical and bright. Hustling and bustling through crowded avenues can be crazy, but the experience is well worth it. If you are taking a trip to NYC this season, here is a list of the top 5 things to do, see, and eat because nothing is better than getting in the holiday spirit!
1. Bryant ParkThe holiday shops at Bryant Park offer over 100 boutiques to explore and find the perfect gifts for your family and friends of all ages. It’s also located right next to the New York Public Library which is worth exploring for gorgeous architecture.
2. Saks Fifth Ave. Windows & Light ShowSaks always goes ALL OUT and this year their light show does not disappoint. The store sparkles as lights flutter the windows for your entertainment. Remember to come prepared wearing a winter coat, scarf, and beanie in the case of an arctic chill down the windy city streets.
3. Serendipity Frozen Hot ChocolateTo top off your sweet tooth, the frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity is a musthave. If you’re looking for a treat, you can’t go wrong here! Their big cups make them perfect to share and Instagram-worthy enough to grab all of your follower’s taste buds and attention.
4. Radio City Music Hall for The Radio City Christmas SpectacularGet away from the busy city for a while and see the Rockettes star in this spectacular. With the holidays around the corner and shopping being stressful, I’m always more cheerful after seeing a themed show.
5. Rockefeller Christmas Tree & Ice SkatingEnd your night by visiting Rockefeller Center. This is a must for anyone traveling to the city during Christmas time. Seeing the huge tree lit up IRL will feel like a winter wonderland. Grab some skates and hit the ice to get to see the full experience! What are some of your favorite things to do during the holidays in your city?
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!