Pump up like a princess
Well....like a duchess. But close enough.
A true icon at Elle did the lord’s work and found Meghan Markle’s pump-up playlist. Back in her pre-duchess days, Meghan posted this 6-song playlist on her old blog, The Tig, and described it as a "fresh dose of unbridled joy" (a v accurate description).
I've compiled the songs in a list below so you can put them together in your own playlist and live every day like royalty (Apple Music student discount say whaaaaat?).
Enjoy, and please don’t become a duchess before me!
1. Maggie Rogers- “Dog Years”
This song has a cool 80s vibe to it, and Maggie Rogers has a crystal-clear voice. It’s uplifting and empowering and I love it.
2. Crystal Fighters- “LA Calling”
This song sounds like summer, and it has the greatest beat. It’s officially what I’m listening to the next time I’m sad.
3. Mr Little Jeans- “Don’t Run”
This song is airy and rhythmic, and the chorus sounds like what it feels like to dive into a refreshing pool.
4. Flight Facilities, Reggie Watts- “Sunshine”
I wish I had a convertible so I could drive around playing this with the top down. I’m almost positive that’s how it was meant to be listened to.
5. Janelle Monáe- “Dance Apocalyptic”
Janelle never disappoints...but damn I’ve been sleeping on this song! I might actually go for a run if this song was playing the whole time.
6. Dragonette- “Let it Go”
This is a fun, bouncy song that makes me want to crazy-dance for 2 hours straight.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!