As much as you're probably looking forward to going home for the long holiday weekend and seeing your family again, once you're back it's a different story. The lack of college friends and college parties mixed with your family non-stop questioning you is enough to drive you mad. But don't worry, here's how to keep your cool this Thanksgiving and survive the holiday weekend!
1. Don't RevertImage source giphy.com Being back under your mom and dad's roof and back in your old room can make it easy to go back to pouting when you don't get your own way or fighting with your siblings over the TV remote. But if you want to show that you're an adult now then you've got to prove it!
2. Do Your Own LaundryImage source giphy.com Again, if you want to be seen as an adult the you're going to have to act like one. Which sadly, involves doing your own laundry. If you bring loads of laundry home with you for your mom to do then she's just going to treat you like a child still.
3. Master Changing The SubjectImage source buzzfeed.com There may be some tricky subjects that come up and so you've got to become a wizard at changing the subject! Any questions about budgeting, your weight or your relationship status are probably best to be avoid!
4. Meet Up With FriendsImage source eonline.com If you're family (plus all the over-eating) get's too much for you then get out of the house and go and catch up with some of your old friends!
5. Don't Drop BombshellsImage source jessiediggins.com Obviously not literally kids. But Thanksgiving dinner probably isn't the best time to come out to your parents or to tell them you're dropping out of college. Save things like that for a less dramatic point in the weekend.
6. Laugh Through ItImage source reddit.com If all else fails, your sense of humour should help you survive the weekend!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!