So, you’re back at college and the work is starting to build up, and very quickly. Ah, stress overload. Studying can be pretty draining, and it’s often quite a shock if you manage to stay awake - we’ve all been there. In the UNiDAYS® office we have been thinkin' of 5 best ways to keep yourself awake while studying, and they’re pretty awesome too. Here we go:
1. Get CreativeOne of our favorite ways to push on through that dreaded studying sesh is by getting creative; instead of making your notes all one color, go all out and use a load of fancy colors and marker pens. If you just put that little bit more effort it now when making your notes, they’ll be so good that you won’t need to re-write them when it comes to exam season. Winning!
2. Take A WalkHaving a breather from studying is one of the best ways to keep you focused and motivated. It might seem like by going for a walk you’re going to lose your current state of mind, but it actually does the total opposite. Constant studying is no good - it overworks your brain so you might as well not be doing it at all. By taking half an hour away you’ve feel much more alive and invigorated. Try it!
3. Snacks, Snacks, SnacksNow, when I say snacks I don’t mean a candy bar every half an hour - as nice as that would be it won’t help you stay awake while studying, why you ask? a) it will only give you a mini boost then you’ll feel 10x worse than you did before, and b) you’ll probably start to feel very, very sick. Ergh! I’m talking fresh fruit and vegetables - they’ll make you feel so much better and give you that long-lasting energy boost that you need.
4. Chew GumBetcha never thought of this did you? Chewing gum really helps to keep you awake while you’re studying - it keeps the blood flowing because it’s a repetitive act therefore it keeps your mind off of the tiredness and the boredom. Short but sweet huh?
5. SleepIf you’re super organized and know exactly when you’re going to be studying, it’s an idea to get yourself into a routine of going to bed at a set time every night of the week. Not only will this have positive impacts elsewhere on your life (i.e- goodbye under eye bags) but it will also leave you feeling much more awake when you need to be. Most people end up getting distracted in bed by some kind of techno device - why not turn everything off and just relax. Afterall, who doesn’t love their bed?
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!