If you haven’t heard about “staycations” yet, where have you been? A “staycation” is simply a vacation you take in your own city. I will be doing this too, actually, in March when I have my Spring Break but I’ll be staying in Chicago. Whether you’re excited or bummed about staying in your city, below are some great ideas for making it the best experience.
1. Explore Your Own CityYou can try a new restaurant you’ve been meaning to or go to a museum or new art gallery that just opened. It can be as simple as shopping. Just take a day to explore more of the city you live in, as I can pretty much guarantee you haven’t seen it all.
2. Have A Spa Day & IndulgeDepending on your budget, your level of indulgence will vary. If you have the money, you can make appointments with your best friends to get pedicures and facials or something along those lines. If you’d rather save money, buy some supplies at a local beauty store and service each other!
3. Take A Day For YourselfBe a little selfish and just do everything for you today. Take a long bath and then catch up on your television shows. If you’re crafty or enjoy writing, you can do one of those. Whatever you find relaxing and enjoyable, do that all day and unplug from your social media networks.
4. Try Something NewGo to a movie, read a book, or take up a new fitness class. Just try something new in general. Personally, I never have the time I wish I did to watch that movie I’ve been dying to see so why not do so when you don’t have to worry about work or school?
5. Host A Get-TogetherGather your best friends and have a party! It doesn’t have to be a big spectacle. Make a few appetizers, put on some tunes, and catch up with one another. You could end up creating some of the best memories. Or, you could simply have a friend-date. Take your bestie out for lunch!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!