Well, it’s almost that time of year, Thanksgiving break. And while you’re excited to catch up with friends from High School on Thanksgiving Eve, have Mom attack your laundry, and eat all of the pumpkin pie you can stomach (yes, it’s perfectly acceptable for breakfast); there’s also the small matter of your high school sweetheart-- the one you have been planning to break up with. Yes, you’re planning to Turkey Dump.
The Turkey Dump, as it has so affectionately been deemed, is a surprisingly common theme among college students over Thanksgiving break, and it makes a ton of sense once you break it down. Long distance relationships are really hard, period. Between being far away from home, making adult decisions for the first time, and spending a lot of time with new people who are bound to have an impact on you, you might start to feel like you’ve outgrown them. Combine all of these reasons with the impending doom of Christmas, and it really only makes sense that you cut things off clean before presents get involved.
Sound familiar? We’ve been there. Here are all of the ways you’ll know if you’re ready to Turkey Dump on your high school sweetheart’s heart come Thanksgiving:
1. When you have good news, they’re the last person you think to tell...
2. You’ve already changed your ringtone to “Single Ladies”
3. When you see them liking someone else’s selfie on insta you’re like:
4. You’ve been avoiding them for weeks because:
5. You casually drop hints you’ve been hanging with the football team...
6. When someone cute asks you what your deal is you’re like:
7. When your mom asks you about setting a place for them at Thanksgiving dinner you’re like:
8. You’ve kinda sorta already been hanging out with someone from down the hall...
9. They keep asking when they get to come visit and you’re like:
10. You’re only excited to go home for Thanksgiving so you can get back to school SINGLE:
11. You’re more excited to eat turkey than you are to see them...
12. The thought of getting them a Christmas present makes you feel like:
Happy Dumping ya’ll, and for those that just get dumped…
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!