8 easy ways to beat the freshman 15
You might have chosen your school based on the state of the art gym facilities, but that's before you realized your dorm room would be all the way across campus. Don't stress-- we've rounded up 8 easy exercises you can do in the comfort of your own home for days when making it all the way to the gym is too much of a struggle. All you need is the internet and your body.
1. 5-Minute Morning Stretches to Power Your Day
Who doesn't have 5 extra minutes to spare? Start your day off with some invigorating power yoga-- it's gentle enough that you wont put your body in shock but powerful enough to get you moving.
2. Quick Chair Workout
When your workout accessories are limited in the confines of your dorm room, you have to work with what you've got. We know you have a desk chair! Let's put it to good use.
3. Seal Jumping Jacks
You might want to warn your downstairs neighbors-- it's about to get loud up in here.
4. The Perfect Jump Squat
5. 30 Minute Bodyweight Blast Workout
This intense 30 minute bodyweight workout will leave you feeling like you spent hours at the gym.
6. 10 Minute ab Workout
Ab's of steel in 10 minutes? Sign me up.
7. Side Step Planks
To the left to the left (but don't forget to the right, to the right)
8. Savasana: Guided Meditation
The undisputed best part of any yoga class-- it's time to close your eyes and meditate.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!