Who better to go through some snowboarding tips that DC Shoes. Grab 15% off all their snowboarding gear with your UNiDAYS® college discount and stay tuned for 5 tips to get you up on that board and down on the slopes!
1. Find Your StanceFinding your snowboarding stance is easy, decide which foot you would slide forward with and this will be your forward foot for snowboarding! 'Regular' stance means that your left food is forward and 'Goofy' means that your right foot is forward. Easy!
2. Know Your ConditionsLearn early that it's a lot harder to learn in hard/icy conditions so if the snow's frozen overnight where you are, you may want to wait until the afternoon when it's a little softer, unless you want to injure yourself! Always head for the powdery snow, this will let you make easy carves as if you were surfing!
3. Give It Your AllThis is especially needed when turning, you need to overemphasize the movement and deliberately push with your heels or toes, depending which way you want to turn. If you just wait for the turn to happen you're more likely to topple over!
4. PracticeEven when you're not on the snow, practice your turning emphasis from the above point and your muscle memory will start to develop. If you have your own boots and board, strap in and practice even if you're in your bedroom!
5. Get The GearObviously, getting the gear is a top tip if you're serious about getting into snowboarding as a full-on hobby! Girls, we love these super-sassy leopard print Seema Base Layer Leggings and the Karma Snowboard Boots are pretty cool too. Guys, the Cuff Bobble Hat will keep you cozy during time out and the Ripley Snowboard Jacket is an essential for the slopes! Hero Image Source
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!