Mardi Gras is almost here! Whether you’re prepped for celebrations Louisiana-style or throwing a Mardi Gras rager elsewhere, we’ve chosen 3 delicious themed recipes from food to drink (hello jello shots!), check out the recipes here.
Celebrate Mardi Gras Louisiana style with a super simple Jambalaya. This one pot recipe that I’ve chosen takes around 45 minutes to cook, giving you a little extra time to get prepped for the main event!
- 1 pound of skinless chicken breast
- 1 pound of smoked turkey sausage or chorizo
- ½ pound of shrimp
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- Chicken broth
- 1 cup of rice
- ½ cup of dry white wine
- 2 green or red bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 4 tsp of Creole seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
Tip: Give your Jambalaya a kick with some extra hot sauce.
Keep the refreshments coming and your guests happy with this quick and easy fruit punch recipe. Making around 65 half-cup servings, this boozy fruit punch is guaranteed to go far!
- 1 bottle of grape juice
- 1 can of unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 bottle of lemon-lime soda
- 2 oranges or lemons
- 2 limes
- 750ml vodka
Hello jello shots
It certainly wouldn't be a party without jello shots. You can get really creative with this awesome layered jello shot recipe, it screams Mardi Gras. Plus they're tasty AF!
- 1 box of lemon jello
- 1 box of grape jello
- 1 box of lime jello
- 3 packets of unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup of vodka - or more depending on your taste
- Cool Whip
- Sprinkles for garnish
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!