1. Be positiveSet yourself long-term goals, and then break down those big goals into smaller goals and you'll find them way easier to achieve that way. For example if the long-term goal is to pass a particular exam, work out how you'll get there. You'll have to make sure you have all your notes (one goal) and then you'll have to take each section bit by bit. Bite-size chunks is the key!
2. Get organizedTrust us, you’ll thank us (and yourself) later! Firstly, write down all your due dates so you can plan your time. A great way of doing this is with a calendar – but FYI just writing them down and never looking at them again doesn’t count. So get creative and put a calendar up on your wall/desk, that way you’ll be sure to see them!
3. Find a study buddyThis can make studying way more fun, motivating & productive! Both of you try focusing on a topic and teaching each other – it’s not only a great way to see what you know but y’all can help each other out!
4. Be colourfulPost-It Notes, highlighters, Sharpies etc - they’re literally lifesavers as you can section off notes and colors can make them easier to re-read.
5. Drink water!It’s that simple?! Not quite, but staying hydrated helps you to really focus, concentrate and stay refreshed & alert! So take a bottle into class with you, or two.
6. Hit up the libraryBooks can be pretty expensive on a college budget so don’t forget to check out the library too as it'll probably have everything on your reading list anyway.
7. Use your phoneTry recording your classes as well as taking notes, that way you’ll never miss a thing. There’s also a bunch of great apps you can download on your phone to help keep you organized and focused.
8. Ask your professorsYeah, some of them can be pretty scary, but they’ve got a whole load of knowledge and they’re there to help. So, ask questions and don’t be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Plus, getting in their good books now might help bag you that killer internship later on!
9. Create the best study space & playlistFind yourself a study area, preferably not in bed but somewhere comfortable and practical. A playlist full of your favorite songs can also really help to get you into the study zone too.
10. Plan your timeSeparate study time and free time - work/life balance is super important and let’s face it, college ain’t all about studying! Hit the gym, hang out with you classmates, or go to the mall? Sleep? Whatever you wanna do - you deserve it! So take a deep breath, get organized and get set for an amazing school year, let’s face it they’re the best years of your life!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!