1. Make your workspace work for youIf you work well in chaos, don't tidy up! But, if you find that a tidy desk equals a tidy mind with you then it's wise to keep things organised and fairly neat. If this means investing in new storage solutions, filing and the odd ring-binder and pen pot, do it! You're investing in your studies.
2. Take breaksTaking time out doesn't necessarily sound like the most efficient way of getting studying done but if you work better in shorter, more concentrated bursts then it could definitely be the way forward. If you find that your concentration wanes after an hour, take a short, snappy 5-10 minute break and then get back to it for another burst.
3. Get the tech right!Whatever your course, make sure that you've got the best laptop or tablet for what you need. For example if you're in need of a laptop to get all your essays done and really focus on a lot of word documents and spread sheets a Microsoft Surface Book would be fantastic. It's a hard working laptop for an even harder working student and it'll have everything you need! If you need to move about and take notes a little more then a Surface Pro 4 would be awesome. Check out our review of the Surface Pro 4 here. Don't forget that you can save up to 10% at Microsoft using your UNiDAYS discount!
4. Stop multi-taskingIf you flit from task to task without actually finishing one before you start the next this can be counterproductive. You may feel like you're working really hard but you're actually wasting more time re-focusing on the task at hand when you move between a few things. If you focus on one task at a time you should find that you get what you actually need to get done, done!
5. Be preparedKnow what you need to get done before you settle down to do it. Break down your work into sections, write to-do lists and even try using task management software. This kind of thing lets you organise your projects, your workload and even pre-requisite tasks so you know exactly what you need to get done before you can move onto the next thing.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!