1. Spinach & Feta FalafelI love these for adding to salads or with a dip as a quick snack. They're so tasty, really fill you up and are only 80-100 calories per falafel, depending on how many you make. Simply combine 1 can of chickpeas, 100g of feta cheese, 200g of spinach (wilted and with all the water squeezed out) and 100g of flour in a food processor with chilli flakes and cumin to give them a real Middle Eastern flavour. Shape into equal patties and then fry off until browned on both sides.
2. Protein FlapjacksThese are super quick and easy. All you need to do is combine 2 eggs, 2 scoops of protein powder, 100g of oats, 75g of dried fruit and 25g of honey, mix it all together and pop onto greaseproof paper for 10 minutes in the oven on a medium heat. These have around 150 calories and 8g of protein per flapjack.
3. Eggs & Avocado SmashEggs are a staple in my snacks, breakfast and lunch recipe stash. Using avocado gives you some extra goodness instead of plain butter. Try and use wholegrain or wheat toast, two free-range eggs and half a ripe avocado and you've got the perfect quick breakfast or lunch packed with protein and essential fats.
4. Raspberry & Chocolate Protein MuffinsThis is a Laura Simpson recipe, a super cool fitness chick from the UK that I follow on Instagram. Per muffin they have circa 111 calories, less than 2g of fat and 8g of protein. They are so tasty due to the little chunks of chocolate that go all melty. A perfect protein-packed snack to curb sweet-tooth cravings.
5. Peanut Butter Protein BarsThese protein-packed bars will be perfect for all Reese's Peanut Butter Cup addicts. Add more protein and less peanut butter to keep the fat content down. Check out the recipe here.
6. Brie & Raspberries On ToastI love cheese plus something fruity so this is one of my favorite snacks. Go easy on the cheese if you're trying to keep calories low but it's lovely for a comforting snack and amazing if there's extra cheese left over after a party. Toast is a student essential so jazzing it up like this is a great idea to keep things interesting.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!