If you’re reading this hungover - you’re gonna need food. And a lot of it to get through the day. Start how you mean to go on and score some serious housemate points with these cures:
All in one Full English
1 pan to wash up = nuff said.
Serves 1 - just multiply as needed:
- 2 sausages
- 2 rashers bacon chopped up
- 2 eggs
- ½ tin plum tomatoes
- 1 snap pot / small tin of beans
- Preheat your oven to 180, meanwhile:
- Fry your sausages in a large oven proof frying pan for 10 mins, turning every now and again
- Add the bacon bits and fry for a couple of mins until they go brown and crispy
- Tip in the tomatoes and beans and turn the heat up a bit, stir round and cook for a few mins
- Make a couple of holes in the pan and break both eggs into them
- Cover the pan, turn the heat down and cook for 4-5 mins until totally cooked
Now the hardest decision - Ketchup or Brown?
Our version of the classic muffin, without having to leave the house. Winning.
If you have a large round metal cookie cutter this makes everything a good size, and makes a cracking #yolkporn instagram too.
- 1 egg
- 1 sausage
- 1 rasher of bacon
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 bagel, sliced in half
- Heat a large frying pan up on a med high heat
- Squeeze the sausage out of it’s skin and shape into a round patty
- Put the sausage patty in the pan and cook for 4 mins. Flip and cook for another 4 mins
- Add the bacon rasher and cook until crispy
- Move the sausage and bacon to the side of the pan, place your cookie cutter in the pan and crack the egg into it
- Cook for a few mins until set, toast your bagel
- Layer up! Cheese, bacon, sausage, egg.
If you can’t face solids yet - this will do the trick. Watermelon is super hydrating, ginger will settle the stomach and coconut water will give you a well needed boost of potassium. Practically like last night never happened.
- ¼ watermelon
- Big chunk cucumber (about 6cm)
- 1 sprig of mint
- Juice of ½ lime
- 150ml coconut water (or plain water will do)
- 2 cm fresh ginger (you can buy little bags frozen pre grated stuff)
Chuck everything into a blender until ready. DONE!
This is fancy next level toast, a game changer of the toast world. Eggs are great for you, but sometimes on a hangover the thought of eating eggs is just nah. This sneaky breakfast gets the eggs in, without your head realising.
- 4 slices any bread (the bigger the hangover, the thicker the bread should be ;) )
- 4 eggs
- Couple of drops of vanilla extract
- Honey or maple syrup
- Fruit - any kind, berries / apple / pear etc.
- Whisk the eggs, add the vanilla extract and pour into some tupperware or a dish big enough to place the bread in (or you can do it in stages, 1 egg per slice)
- Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture for a good 2-3 mins, carefully turning halfway. You want the bread to really soak up all the mixture until there’s hardly any left.
- Heat a pan up with some oil (coconut or vegetable) on a med heat
- Add the bread and fry for about 2 mins each side
- Top with the berries and squeeze over some honey or maple syrup.
- Be thankful that you’ve got some of your 5 a day and go back to bed until dinner.