We all know the drill of the importance of social distancing during this turbulent time. Whilst we’re all taking measures to stay physically healthy, it doesn’t mean we can’t find ways to keep the fun. Here are some different ways you can still spend time with your friends, even if you’re all at home.
1. Netflix party
There’s a Google Chrome extension for Netflix which lets you have a movie night with your friends or loved ones, even from a distance. Download it here.
It synchronises your movie or tv show and creates a chatroom for you all to provide some commentary. Now all you need is snacks!
2. At-home sip and paint
Create your own at-home remote sip and paint sesh with you and your friends with the steps below:
- Step 1. Get some paints (dig up that old highschool paint kit if you still have it!)
- Step 2. Get a drink of your choice
- Step 3. Pop Bob Ross on the telly or laptop
- Step 4. Video call your friend who is doing the same
You can all follow along with the tutorial at the same time and compare masterpieces at the end! If you want to shake things up a little, take a drink every time there’s a colour change.
3. YouTube Yoga Sesh
If you’re able to step outside for some fresh air, why not video call your friends and put on a YouTube yoga or pilates sesh that you can all do together? If you’re able to, it's highly recommended to still step outside in the backyard, on the balcony or in a brightly lit room to get a little fresh air and some sunshine.
4. Have a cook off
If you love cooking or you’ve always wanted to try, why not try a new recipe and set up a video call with a friend to watch you in the kitchen? It’s a great way to save money, stay safe and even learn something new.
You can get competitive with a plating challenge between you and your friends!
5. Online Games
We’re not talking anything like E-Sports, but there are a tonne of free online browser games your can play with your friends to stay connected or pass the time - just set up the games and create an external group call! Here are a few of my favourites:
- Gartic Is like online pictionary. You can create a custom lobby and send a link to your friends - up to 10 people can play!
- Slither.io Eat the colourful bubbles and grow into a big snake!
- Neopets Why not revive the best game of the early 00s?!
- Cards Against Humanity Online We all know the game and this is an online version, have fun!
It’s important to stay connected in troubling times so take care of yourself, your mental health and check in regularly with your friends and family!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!