Want to revamp your Insta feed for the season? We caught up with Charlotte, Princess Polly’s Social Media Manager to get the inside scoop on how to curate a visually stunning IG feed and what Winter trends we should be looking out for. Follow @princesspollyboutique for the ultimate insta inspo and pick up some tips below.
Before we get into the how and why of trends & Insta, tell us a bit about yourself, Charlotte!
I’m the Stylist and Social Media Manager - I work with the Creative Director and Photographer to plan and style all shoots (we usually have 2 a week) I plan, create and edit content daily for our social channels and work with the social team on Insta Stories & Snapchat content. I also map out our Instagram feed to make sure everything is getting promoted at the right time and all looks aesthetically pleasing together. Gotta say I love my job, especially the photoshoots :)
What are your top 3 trends for this season?
- Brown - this is the colour I’m obsessed with for AUS Winter. Ties in with all things 70’s and retro that is coming through this year.
- Western/cowgirl - fave trend ever for Festival Season, hands down. I do love a good pair of cowboy boots!
- Satin & silky slips - In my opinion these will never die, loving these in baby blue and pistachio rn.
Do you have a strategy for putting together an outfit?
If something is oversized on the top wear it with something slimmer on the bottom of vice versa OR add a belt to give shape. I believe accessories really make an outfit and of course, confidence.
As students, sometimes it’s hard to always stay on top of the trends. What’s your advice for this?
Maybe don’t go crazy and buy 20 trend-driven items, just sprinkle trend pieces through a wardrobe of good basics that you’ll have for ages. Not keen to dress head to toe in cow print? Start small with an accessory like a belt or bag.
What was your go-to look for Uni / College?
Comfort is key so I love flares in a stretchy fabric worn with an oversized tee or knit & trusty docs, a classic pair of Levi’s 501’s with a lil’ ribbed singlet or when in doubt - cycling shorts, sneakers and a big baggy jumper.
Hashtags. Should I use them?
I use them for events and big collabs for the Princess Polly Instagram so they can be handy, on a personal Instagram though I don’t think they’re super necessary.
How do I dress without feeling like I’m copying someone else?
Take inspo from literally everywhere and then put your own spin on it, change a few things up to make it your own.
Do you get inspired by street-fashion or celeb-fashion?
Both! Big on street style and love Bella Hadid and Elsa Hosk’s style.
Need new wardrobe staples for the 'gram? Get them from Princess Polly
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!