It’s no secret that as students the money side of things is 📉So, we wanted to help out by providing some essential finance tips that’ll help you start the uni year with ease. Big savings OTW!
Everything truly does add up; from your late-night skincare purchases (completely necessary) to your seemingly endless mandatory textbooks recs. Don’t let your heart drop at your next monthly bank account check by following these tips:
- Find out how much you have money you have to work with
- Estimate expenses; rent, transport, food, bills, leisure, socialising etc.
- Create your weekly budget by working out your total income per semester, minus your essential expenses (groceries, rent, bills), and divide that by the number of weeks in a semester
- Now, make your spreadsheet and keep your weekly budget stated at the top - note down every spend as you go!
Don’t be afraid to set goals for yourself - it’ll make you more motivated in the long run.
Degrees are expensive, in case you didn’t know 🤣, and in order to go to uni (relatively stress-free) be sure to apply for a HELP loan. The Higher Education Loan Program will cover all of your uni fees (doesn’t matter what your degree is!) - you can worry about paying it back after you start your amazing career. Check out here to see which one you qualify for!
The hunt is on
Strapped for cash on the daily? Create your resume, cover letter and send it out wherever you can! The more experience in the workforce the better, it’ll give you a leg-up when you’re looking for a job that helps progress your career. Get paid and ready for the real world - what could be better?
Sign up with UNiDAYS
We tried to be as subtle as possible, but realistically we are your best bet to having an amazing student life without making your savings account suffer. Register with us for FREE and reap the daily rewards; giveaways, discounts from ALL of your favourite brands and amazing advice from yours truly 😉
Recycle & Receive
Transform into your most hipster self while you protect the environment and your cash. Buying the things you need secondhand can help you save so much money, and if you’re super lucky you can find some things for free! Join those FB groups where past students want to get rid of textbooks, study notes etc. Also, thrifted furniture and clothing is like 100x cooler - FACTS.
With all of these tips, you won’t have a breakdown every time you have to check your savings account. Save without sacrificing your entire uni experience, take it as you go and never be too hard on yourself. Money isn’t an easy thing to manage especially when you’re still so young. You’ll learn as you go!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!