1. Watch the race (obviously)This is a no-brainer, but why not head on down to watch the race? If you can’t make it to Flemington on cup day, you can watch the race live on the big screen at Federation Square. So grab your friends, pack a picnic or head to one of the many bars and restaurants in the area and make the most of the day celebrating with those you love! Image source: fedsquare.com
2. Go shopping!There are many other things to do around the race, including one of my favourite pastimes, shopping! Get down to the sales and start building your summer wardrobe, because once carnival week is over, summer is on it's way. Plus there are many awesome discounts available to you in store include 20% off at Supré when you show your UNiDAYS iD.
3. St KildaFancy being at the centre of the celebrations? Get glammed up and throw a beach party at St Kilda, or head to one of the many amazing bars to soak up the sun and eat delicious food.
4. Go for a Cup Day lunchAs a lover of anything food, going out for a Melbourne Cup lunch is pretty high on my to do list. There are restaurants and bars all over the city that will be holding special lunches and be filled with screens so you won’t miss a minute of the races.
5. Throw your own party!Another no-brainer to me, throw a big Spring Carnival bash! Invite all of your friends, their friends, their friend’s friends and fire up the barbecue because this is going to go off. If you don’t fancy being held responsible for entertaining guests, there will be loads of parties taking place all week long, so you and your friends will certainly not be at a loss. GIF Image Source Hero image source: goodfood.com.au
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!