1. Official documentsPassport, tickets and travel insurance are a must! If your carry on suitcase has a front pocket pack your important documents safely in there, allowing easy access when you reach check-in, security and your gate. You may think, taking only hand luggage means I can’t take another small bag with me! Wrong! So long as it’s packed away when you reach your gate, you’re free to carry another bag with you around the airport.
2. ToiletriesThe perfect excuse to go out and buy all the miniatures for your getaway. You can carry toiletries up to 100ml in a clear bag in your hand luggage, so pick the absolute essentials to your holiday: shower gel, shampoo, sun cream. Small perfume testers are also really handy to take in your hand luggage too.
3. AccessoriesTop tip, wear the shoes that are likely to take up the most space in your hand luggage; sandals and thongs take up pretty much no room at all. Sunglasses can be worn on your head, so easy!
4. ClothingWhen packing your vacay clothes, it can be easy to get carried away. Understandably, we want all the options for day and night, but why not plan ahead? You’re going away for 5 dasy, so you take enough to last you 5 days. Or pick your favourite outfits that work from day to night. Rolling your clothes up tight can create a lot of extra space in your hand luggage too so you could pack a little extra if you really want to, plus it prevents your clothes from creasing (a little).
5. ElectronicsYou can definitely tick off hair dryer from your packing list. Most hotels and apartments supply their own, some even straigteners if you’ve really lucked out! Additional electronics include tablets, phone chargers and laptops. Don’t forget a plug adapter, otherwise you’ll be lacking all electrical goods!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!