I'm sure we all go through the same fitness routines year in and year out, start off the winter months with a clear focus of your fitness goals for summer, you get to spring and it's pretty much a thing of the past, until now when you realise that holy cow - It's pretty much summer and I'm not ready! Here are four workout tips to help you find your summer success.
1. Find your zenThere are two things that I really love about my weekly yoga class. First, it's a great form of workout that can really test your body's limits with different poses. Second, it's basically my substitute to a nap. There is no better feeling than walking out of a yoga class feeling calm, refreshed and happy. Whether you decide to sign up to a yoga class at your local gym or do it from the comfort of your own home, being a yogi is awesome!
2. Get a gym buddyNothing says motivation more than working out with a friend. I'll admit, I find gym classes pretty daunting (spin class is pretty much my idea of hell), but going to the Gym or simply working out with a friend gets me pumped for a longer session. Set yourself fitness goals to achieve each time you meet to work out, and you'll see positive results pretty quickly.
3. Get ready to runThe weather's beginning to pick up and that should be all the motivation you need to get your running shoes on and head out the door for a jog. You don't have to go far and you don't have to go hard, ease yourself in and you'll start to feel physically fitter in no time. Track your workout with a running app (there are so many to choose from on the app store), you can track your route, time, speed and calories burned, which always feels like a major accomplishment.
4. Short & sharp workoutsFeel like you simply don't have the time to get your fit on at the moment? I get it, deadlines and exams are approaching, you're busy. But why not put those brain-breaks to good use. If you're having a 10 minute break from studying, why not blitz a short workout? You'll get your heart pumping and have better focus for when you go back to the books. Perfect! Don't forget, you can save 15% on all things fitness at Cotton On Body with your UNiDAYS discount, start saving now.
Join UNiDAYS now for free student discount
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!