Everyone knows that food is awesome and eating it is even better. With the soaring popularity TV shows like MasterChef and The Great British Bake Off, it seems like we spend more time talking and thinking about food than we do eating it. And we all have those friends on Instagram and Facebook who always seem to be cooking amazing things or eating at incredible restaurants. If you don't have one or two of these, it's probably you...
Not convinced? Here are 10 signs that you might be a total foodie.
1. You know that adding adjectives and country names to food labels doesn’t make them better, but you still find yourself drawn to “Madagascan vanilla” and “intense mango juice”.
2. You’ll try eating anything… once!
3. You call gravy 'jus' and think that foam has a place on your dinner plate.
4. You find yourself at a farmer's market looking at artisan flour.
5. Your kitchen contains more gadgets than it does mugs.
6. You book your holidays around the kind of food you want to eat. Then, when a friend asks how your holiday was, you immediately launch into a description of all the amazing food you ate.
7. At the same time, you react with utter horror when someone tells you about the “great” places they found to eat that served the exact same food they could get at home.
8. When someone shows you a photo of their baby, you respond by showing them a photo of that awesome dessert you had in a restaurant last night.
9. You know there's more than one type of vinegar and that they aren’t all interchangeable.
10. When your guest says they’d love a cup of tea, you proceed to list at least eight varieties and demand to know which one they want, even though their brain probably shut down after the first three.
And to finish off, here’s a gif of a hedgehog about to enjoy a pizza. Because hedgehogs. And pizza.
Bon appetit! En avant!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!