1. San Lorenzo's restaurantOur girl Katie can vouch for the seriously amazing brunch that they serve at San Lorenzo's. This place is a modern Italian restaurant with an NYC twist in the centre of Dublin. Brunch is a staple of the Dublin social scene, we've heard, so this is an awesome place to head if breakfast is your favourite meal of the day, they don't call San Lorenzo's the "Brunch of Champions" for nothing...
2. PygmalionBar, club, restaurant, coffee stop, Pygmalion on South William Street is the hub for whatever you want it to be, day or night! With 2-4-1 cocktails on Thursdays until 11pm, delicious looking food and a funky, colourful set-up, Pyg is a pretty buzzing place to be in the centre of Dublin.
3. Drury BuildingsDrury Buildings, a mix up of cool Berlin exterior and buzzing New York interior, "in the heart of Dublin’s Creative Quarter, fine wines, classic cocktails, craft beers and some really cracking Italian food" - sounds good to us. Fun fact, our Senior Social Media Executive Katie tipped a drink all over the bar's owner and then asked if she could buy him a drink. In his own bar. That's our girl!
4. Angelina'sAngelina's restaurant, bar and deli is another awesome brunch destination and it's also great for dinner, coffee and cake and even lunchtime cocktails. Basically, if you're hungry, Angelina's can sort you out! With super cool industrial meets luxe interiors and some serious mood lighting, this is a place I can't wait to try out.
5. Eddie Rockets DinerIf you're after a classic diner-style burger and you want to get your hands dirty then Eddie Rockets is a chain of Irish burger bars that'll keep you full for days! #burgerheads
6. Trinity College"Trinity has a gorgeous city centre college campus, I absolutely love being a student here. There's Front Square and the campanile (the best place for a blog shoot in my opinion - killer pics!), the amazing museum building and not to forget the gorgeously illustrated Book Of Kells. Anyone doing a bit of sightseeing in Dublin would be mad to overlook it!" - Laura - Style & Prejudice [blockquote quote="When in Dublin, you shouldn't miss a visit to the Trinity library, like something from Harry Potter." name="Claire, StudioBrown.ie"]
7. 37 Dawson StreetEclectic decor, great food and a funky separate whiskey bar tucked at the back of the building, 37 Dawson Street is a seriously cool late-bar that you need to check out if you like things a little off the wall! With brunch until 5pm on Sundays, cocktail making and whiskey tasting classes you won't want to miss this. Thanks to Emma from TheEmmaNoodle.com for this recommendation!
8. Grafton Street ShoppingIf you're in need of a little retail therapy whilst you're visiting Dublin then Grafton Street is the place to go!
9. Foam Cafe & GalleryAnother place with a crazy interior and an awesome atmosphere is the Foam Cafe & Gallery on Great Strand Street. They do a wide selection of teas and coffees and most importantly, cake. Plus, how cute are those flamingos on the wall? Thanks to Edel from Joyofblogs.com for this recommendation.
10. Merrion SquareFor all you style bloggers and Instagram-fiends out there, Merrion Square is the perfect posing place for those all important photographs. Thanks to Claire from StudioBrown.ie for this recommendation and cute pic.
BONUS 11. The Guinness StorehouseSee how Guinness is made, grab a free pint and explore one of the original factories. It may be a tourist attraction but it's really interesting a a fun few hours! I repeat, free pint. [blockquote quote="Guinness tastes better in Dublin - that's a fact. " name="Katie"] Hopefully this post has inspired you to visit Dublin or at least add it to the list of 'places to go', it definitely has for me. If you think this post was lacking a few coffee venues then that's because I thought I'd leave it up to Louise Cooney as I found her awesome post about 10 places to go for coffee in Dublin and thought it was too good to try and replicate!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!