If you're anything like me, you love being tanned and radiant for the summer. The more bronze the better in my eyes! I love that sun-kissed, just back from holiday look and it is really what I strive for in the summer times regardless of whether my tan is natural or fake. Being luminous really is the next big thing recently and there are so many products on the market that aim to give you that strobing, lit from within effect so I thought I would share my go to makeup items and tips for you lovely UNiDAYS® blog readers.
1. Let's talk faceI think the number one tip for achieving the glowy holiday look is a dewy foundation, no cakey powder and matte finish. If I want something really light during the day I will always reach for a tinted moisturiser as I think they are the most buildable in terms of coverage but will also give you that ‘no makeup’ makeup look. My favourite is the one by Laura Mercier. I do however love a good full coverage face when I’m in the UK as I really don’t have the best confidence in pulling off no foundation while I’m walking around my home town. In this look that I have created I have used the YSL Teint Touche Eclat Foundation I find that this gives the perfect amount of coverage with me but without looking too mattifying and over the top. I then love to warm up the face with a touch (or a lot) of bronzer, my all time favourite bronzer is Benefit Hoola Bronzer I find that this really is the perfect shade for me and I love that it is matte as it gives my face a bit of depth and I can use it to contour also. Nothing says Summer Glow like a good highlighter and the cult favourite of mine is theBalm MaryLou Manizer Luminizer. It literally is perfect, it gives me a gold/champagne glow as you can see in my look and I tend to find it really compliments my skin when I have a deep tan.
2. All about the eyesIn terms of my eyes what I tend to do is run a tiny bit of my bronzer through my crease and a tiny bit of highlight on my lids… is that cheating? I don’t know but I do know especially if you are on holiday you want it to be easy and quick and eyeshadow to me is very time consuming so here is my super quick tip! I am loving the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara at the moment, I have the travel size that I actually got in a set for Christmas and it has recently been discovered by me and it makes my lashes so long but gives them a bit of volume as well. I then used my normal Sleek Brow Kit to quickly fill in my brows, this is a regular step in my routine whether summer or winter!
3. Last but not least, the lips!I am all about the ‘my lips but better’ shades at the moment especially in the form of liquid lipsticks and the Sleek Lipstick Liquid in the shade Birthday Suit is my go to at the moment. I think the perfect glowy look is looking like you didn’t try too hard and this really gives that effect. It is so naturally beautiful and effortless. I hope these products and my super quick tips give you some inspiration for the summer and help you achieve that natural sun kissed look. All the products mentioned are available with 10% with your UNiDAYS® from Feelunique and Benefit. Make sure you head over to my blog to see more posts like this!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!