This weekend, myself and Allie were invited down to London to join Lookfantastic in celebrating Earth month with all things natural at their #LFBLOOMS event. We were greeted at the door by the smell of fresh scented candles and smiling faces, and shown to the first station (our favourite station), the "build your own beauty box" station, which can only be described as a beauty lovers Pick 'N Mix.
Allie's health and wellbeing beauty box
I absolutely loved making my personalised Lookfantastic beauty box. I went for a health and wellbeing theme and focused on the brand Mio.
1. Mio Liquid Yoga Stress-Free Space Spray I chose their Liquid Yoga Stress-Free Space Spray which is a blend of essential oils designed to destress and rebalance you and can be applied anywhere from pulse points to your yoga mat! I'll definitely be keeping this for bed time chills.
2. Mio Liquid Yoga Restorative Bath Soak I also picked up their Liquid Yoga Restorative Bath Soak which is packed with magnesium and is meant to soothe aching legs, perfect after a workout!
3. Mio Firming Active Body Oil Finally from the Mio range I chose their Firming Active Body Oil which is super moisturising. I've been really into using body oils after showering as opposed to standard moisturiser recently, they're just really nourishing.
4. Myprotein Hemp Bar I rounded off my box with a Myprotein Hemp Bar which is packed with protein and fibre, an ideal snack.
5. Jason Brightening Apricot Scrubble And finally, this Jason Brightening Apricot Scrubble Facial Wash which will be fab for getting rid of dead skill cells and revealing fresh skin for the summer!
Maddy's skincare beauty box
My build your own beauty box was focussed around skincare, and as a sufferer of dry and VERY sensitive skin I was very interested by the range of natural skincare they had available. Normally I like to play it safe with my skin and hair products, which are generally scentfree (boring) and I tend to avoid exfoliating scrubs as my skin tends to become irritated and puffy.
1. Jason Brightening Apricot Scrubble I decided to go against everything I believe it and try out this Jāsön Brightening Apricot Scrubble, and I'm so glad I did. My skin felt refreshed and smooth, plus the mixture of apricot oil and walnut powder means it smells amazing!
2. Mio Activist Firming body Oil I also picked up Mio's Activist Firming Body Oil to help add a touch of moisture to my frequently dry skin. Packed with lots of antioxidants and vitamins, this body oil works to replenish your dry and cracked skin by restoring your natural oils, plus it doesn't leave an awkward shine, so my skin feels fresh, moisturised and all round amazing!
3. Burt's Bees Endless Shine Trio I'm really into lip balms, so when I saw this Burt's Bees Endless Shine Trio, I had to snatch a pack up. The lip shine leaves a great finish, it's not too heavy and it works miracles on leaving your lips feeling healthy. Plus it's 100% natural, win!
4. Jurlique Night Cream I've never really used a night cream before, being 21 I haven't really felt the use for it, but I gave it a go and am generally really impressed by the Jurlique brand so it's a thumbs up from me!5. Viviscal Gorgeous Growth I finished off my box with the Gorgeous Growth Serum from Viviscal. Not so much skin care, but I have naturally very thin hair, so this product was a must-try for me in helping add some natural volume to my flat thin hair.
Final term can be a pretty stressful one for students, with final hand-ins exams and dissertation deadlines (eek!), finding a quick and easy stress reliever can be tough. We came across the Australian number one brand for natural beauty products; Jurlique, who offer a wide range of natural and organic products that are grown on the Jurlique farm in Adelaide, Australia, that are all devoted to your natural wellbeing. Including these aromatherapy mists which are great for reducing your stress levels and smell amazing! We were all over these products for feeling and smelling great, plus they gave ah-mazing hand massages!
I had a go, trying out some of the new Burt's Bees lip crayons at their own lip station. For anyone who hasn't heard of Burt's Bees, they are a 100% natural skin and lip care company with all products made from beeswax! The beautician first applied a thin base-coat to my lips using their original lip balm which left a satisfying tingling sensation on my lips from the peppermint. My lips were then lightly tinted with their tinted lip balm to a soft pink colour, and then topped up with one of their new lip crayons. Burt's Bees love your lips, and while I was sporting fresh pink lips, the natural ingredients are working miracles on restoring moisture and softness to my lips. So lip lovers, I recommend using your 10% Lookfantastic discount to check out more Burt's Bees products!
If you're wanting to give a little extra love to your skin, I recommend trying out Antipodes' natural skincare range. Loved by celebrities such as Cara Delevingne and Sam Smith, myself and Allie too were lusting over the gorgeous fruity scents of their facial exfoliators and honey masks - imagine how amazing a honey mask would feel! Plus, we were full on ready to eat their avocado pear night cream.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!