Choosing which city to study in for uni can be a really hard decision to make, especially if you're torn between a few locations. We've put together a selection of city guides to give you a helping hand in deciding and this one is all about Glasgow, Scotland's largest city!
1. It's free!If you're already a Scottish resident then it's 100% free for you to study in Scotland so why not stick around?
2. The choiceThere are a tonne of universities in Glasgow, the University of Glasgow, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow Caledonian University, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and the University of the West of Scotland so if Glasgow is where your heart lies, there are five universities and the Glasgow School of Art to choose from!
3. Scotland's biggest cityAs we mentioned above, Glasgow is Scotland's biggest city and therefore has that busy city vibe that you'll like if you love the busy-ness of London and Birmingham.
4. SportsSport is huge in Glasgow so if you're an active kind of person then you won't be disappointed. With three CrossFit gyms, four football clubs; Rangers, Celtic & Patrick Thistle F.C and Queen's Park F.C, two rugby teams; the Glasgow Warriors & the Glasgow Hawks and more - sport is in the air! You'll definitely be able to find a gym to head down to or a footie match to watch if you need a sport fix.
5. Brunch Is big businessBasically anywhere with a great brunch scene is fine with me, but Glasgow is a hub for my favourite meal of the day. Check out these 10 brunch spots that have been recommended in Glasgow for more of the old breakfast-lunch hybrid! Also, I found The Hyndland Fox amongst my searching, they have a menu full of Brioche French Toast with maple syrup and bacon, poached eggs, avocado on toast, cooked breakfasts and so much more.
6. Coffee is, too!Coffee is also big news in Glasgow, we've found the uber cool Avenue Coffee, which, amongst others looks awesome for a quick post lecture coffee & cake stop off!
7. Individual styleThere are some seriously cool characters gracing the streets of Glasgow, our fave blogger babe Amy from The Little Magpie is from there and she's recently had her hair did all denim blue at Number 659, a seriously cool hairdressers. We've also spied the awesome NAF! Nail Salon is in Glasgow, we're so jealous and definitely want to venture from Nottingham to get our claws done there.
8. Street artThere's a tonne of awesome street art in Glasgow if that's something you're into. They even have a tour of all the best bits called the Mural Trail, a perfect sunny Sunday afternoon activity if you ask me.
9. Black Vanilla CerealWe don't care how hipster it is. We want one of those freak shakes! Head to Black Vanilla Cereal if you feel like your diet is currently too healthy to function as a proper student. Hello cereal, ice cream, cake and MORE.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!