After receiving your unconditional offers from your chosen universities, it's common to start to feel a bit of pressure about choosing the right place for you. At the end of the day it's not just the university you choose that counts towards your experience. We've been putting together a selection of city guides to try and help you find the right student home. Find out more about Southampton here.
1. UniversitiesSouthampton is the home of the University of Southampton and Southampton Solent. The University of Southampton sits in the top 1% of universities worldwide with an 88% student satisfaction rate, the university is also among the top 10 Russell Group universities. Solent is also a well regarded university that sits in the top 200 leading universities in the UK and exceeds in creative industries, sport and maritime courses.
2. LocationSouthampton is a coastal city on the south coast of England. Despite the fact that it doesn't seem like there's that much of a beach-style waterfront, there's still tonnes to do by the coast, plus all the giant boats!
3. Epic foodLike the major foodie that I am, restaurants in a city matter to my choice. One to recommend is this all-American burger joint, 7Bone Burger Co. From burgers, to sliders do dirty dogs, the menu alone will make you hungry!
4. The commonFrom coastal lines to beautiful landscapes, Southampton really has it all. The Common covers a massive 326 acres of land north of the city and is the perfect weekend hangout in the summer.
5. It's pretty artyEven if you're not that into art and museums, Southampton's art scene has a lot to offer which you should definitely check out in your 3 years of living there. Why not combine coffee, live performances and art at The Art House Gallery and Café or head to John Hansard Gallery for all things contemporary.
6. The Hobbit pubPossibly the best local you could ask for. The Hobbit pub sits closely to Southampton University and acts, not only as your local day pub, but holds epic student nights too! Plus they have an awesome loyalty system providing you with happy hour prices on Hobbit cocktails all day, everyday and cheap evening entry, bonus!
7. The O2Any city blessed with an O2 Academy is worth a consider. The Southampton Guildhall is a multipurpose venue in Southampton, so whether it's live music or theatre productions that you're after. They've got you covered. Hero Image Source
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!