1. The DiversityLooking for a university experience through which you can find yourself? Skip the gap year and head straight to Bristol. Thanks to all its wonderful sub-cities you can explore, grow and change as you please, and at your own pace. Stokes Croft, St Pauls, Clifton, Gloucester Road, Southville and Bedminster – take your pick – each area is as unique, friendly and welcoming as the next.
2. Two universities to choose fromNot one, but two unis to choose from: University of West England and University of Bristol – you’ll be spoilt for choice, whatever it is you want to study.
3. Burgers and BrunchLots and lots of burgers and brunch. Work your way through the city’s best burger joints and brunch spots, from Meat Liquor in Stokes Croft to the famous bottomless prosecco brunch at Brace & Browns on Whiteladies road. Bristol is also the home of serious meat festival Grillstock. Hello all the BBQ food you could ever want over a three day event! #MeatSweats
4. The DownsCountry bumpkin at heart? Bristol’s got your back. Walk five minutes from the centre and you’ll find huge, tree-lined streets and hidden parks. Walk a little further and you’ll discover the wide expanse of greenery that is the Durdham Downs. Admire the view from the famous suspension bridge, enjoy a picnic with friends or simply find a spot to catch up on some reading – you’ll feel a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre.
5. FestivalsNot limited to festival season. There are food festivals, music festivals, a balloon fiesta, the harbour festival and a graffiti festival to name just a few.
6. Travel linksBristol is perfectly placed on the map for a day trip to the big smoke. Hop on the train and you’ll be in the centre of London in less than two hours. And a half hour, £7 bus journey to the airport. Weekend trip to Amsterdam, anyone?
7. The Christmas market
Your uni experience wouldn’t be complete without a Christmas market, and Bristol’s arrives in November every year, bratwurst at the ready.
8. Shopping!With Park Street being the haven of vintage shops and cool independents and Cabot Circus a huge hubbub of all things high street with a little bit of luxury thrown in from Harvey Nichols, you're never far from a bit of retail therapy!
9. Banksy spottingWherever you turn in Brizzle there's a Banksy to be spotted, but can you catch them all?
10. Things to do
As well as your usual multiplex cinema, mini golf, shopping, eating and exploring to do Bristol is home to The Lanes, a super cool boutique bowling alley, bar and diner that's also developing a live music venue!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!