1. ‘A Thousand Miles’ - Vanessa CarltonIf you’ve seen White Chicks then you’ll get this absolute dream of a song. You just have to sing along, yep, especially to the piano bit.
2. ‘Shut Up & Drive’ - RihannaBefore you ask, this playlist is supposed to be full of amazing pun songs and you can’t get in the car for a long road trip without them. Rihanna is the queen of songs that you can sing along to and this 2007 banger is just perfection. (It’s almost 10 years old though, what is that about?)
3. ‘Ridin’- ChamillionaireThere are no words, this just has to be on your playlist. No arguments please.
4. ‘One For the Road’ - Arctic MonkeysThere’s always room for these Sheffield boys on one of my playlists and this song is more than apt for this playlist.
5. ‘Ride With Me’ - NellyThis anthem has potential to be one of the first songs that needs to be played when you pull off for your epic road trip. Especially if you’ve already picked up your mates, there’s no point having Nelly on without your buddies already in tow!
6. ‘Party In The USA’ - Miley CyrusThis definitely ain’t a Nashville party.
7. ‘Adventure of a Lifetime’ - ColdplayJust a little bit of Coldplay to set the mood for making some serious memories with your besties.
8. Island In The Sun - WeezerHappiness in a song.
9. ‘Drive’ - IncubusOne to add to the middle of the playlist when it’s time for a bit of a chill. You’ve had the excitement of the beginning of the trip and you’re not quite near the buzz of the end and it’s time for some soft rock to drive to.
10. ‘Ocean Avenue’ - YellowcardIf you’re not playing the air violin by the end of this, what is wrong with you? Make sure you’re fully prepped for your road trip with a £4.99 a month Apple Music subscription and you can make as many playlists as you like!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!