The past week has been pretty crazy. It’s been full of news updates, memes, mixed feelings and a lot of uncertainty. It’s also been full of a lot of misinformation and I’m sure you’re part of a whatsapp group or two, where people keep sending dubious information. Well, we’ve put together a list of resources that are giving reliable information, so you know where to go for the latest information.
There is ONE place to get medical advice from and that is the NHS website..
Getting your info from here will ensure your facts are backed up by medical professional and also ensures false information is not passed on.
It can be hard keeping up with all the news government announcements but you can keep up to date on the Gov.uk website.
There are separate sections for different areas including:
- Student Minds is the UK’s student mental health charity and they have put together their own guide on mental health and coronavirus packed with advice and different resources.
- Charity MIND also have some great resources on taking care of your wellbeing during this time.
- Young Minds are another charity who have lots of advice for if you are feeling concerned or overwhelmed by the news.
Distractions and tips
Here at UNiDAYS we are committed to making sure our member are fully supported, especially during this period. We are regularly writing articles on how to find distractions and tips on how to look after yourself to our blog daily.
Here are a few which might be helpful:
- Tips for looking after your mental health whilst self isolating
- Studying from home 101
- TV shows you can totally switch off to
We will also be uploading daily tips, advice and distractions to all our social channels so don’t forget to follow @myunidays on all platforms!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!