Ingredients - Serves 2
- 4 slices thick white bread
- 3 medium eggs
- a splash of milk
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- a knob of butter
- 1 orange
- Crack the eggs into a dish or bowl and beat with a fork until creamy orange. Then add the cinnamon and mixed spice and beat gently. Don’t worry if there are flecks of spice in the mixture, the milk and sugar even everything out.
- Add the milk and the sugar then beat everything until combined. Put a frying pan on a medium heat with the butter, I always like to keep the butter beside where I’m cooking the toast in case it begins to catch.
- Soak the bread in the eggy mixture, then when the butter is melted and bubbling, add to the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes each side or until the toast is nicely browned but not caught, if the toast is a little soggy but beginning to catch add a little more butter until the toast is nice and crisp.
- Put the toast onto a piece of kitchen towel and squeeze over the juice of the orange, be careful not to drench the toast so much that it becomes soggy. Sprinkle with a little icing sugar through a sieve and serve with a slice of fresh orange, delicious!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!