How much have you missed?
Here’s a recap of this week. Just click the story to read on!
- The House Judiciary Committee has launched a sweeping probe into Trump, mainly focused on identifying instances of corruption, abuse of power, or obstruction of justice.
- Hamza bin Laden, the son of Osama bin Laden’s, has emerged as the new leader of Al Qaeda. Saudi Arabia has stripped his citizenship, and the U.S. State Department is offering a $1 million reward for information on his whereabouts.
- Senator Martha McSally (R- Arizona) revealed that she was raped while in the Air Force.
- Congresswoman Ilhan Omar (D- Minn) is facing backlash for an anti-Israel comment that many are classifying as anti-semitic. Some Democrats are defending Omar, saying that this criticism of Israel is very different than criticism of the Jewish faith.
- Donald Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen has handed over new documents to the House Intelligence Committee, and may hand over more.
- Andrew Wheeler, a former coal lobbyist, has been confirmed as the US’s 15th EPA Administrator.
- Jordyn Woods broke her silence on the cheating allegations with Tristan Thompson on Jada Pinkett Smith’s Red Table Talk show, a Facebook Watch show. Khloé Tweeted some thoughts after the show.
- Ariana Grande has her own Starbucks drink now: the cloud macchiato
- The Bachelor had an exciting week, between Colton jumping the fence and running off to into the Portuguese countryside, and the Women Tell All.
- HBO released the Game of Thrones season 8 trailer.
- Taylor Swift, in all her wisdom, shared 30 things she learned before the age of 30 with Elle Magazine.
- The Jonas Brothers are back! After releasing the music video for their new song Sucker, they parodied their classic hit Year 3000 with James Corden.
- Heavy rain has left much of northern California with devastating flooding.
- Luke Perry, most recently known for playing Archie’s dad on Riverdale, has passed away following a massive stroke, and Riverdale has paid tribute to him.
- Protests have formed after it was reported that the Sacramento police officers who fatally shot Stephon Clark will not be charged.
- R. Kelly gave an impassioned interview with Gayle King following his arrest for sexual abuse of minors. He is now back in jail after failing to pay over $161k in childcare. Alex Trebek, the host of *Jeopardy, has revealed that he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
- A tornado ravaged through Alabama leaving 23 dead, ruining dozens of homes, and leaving many missing. It is reported that all missing people have been located.
- A patient in London is the second to be reported cured of HIV after a bone marrow treatment.
- Another study has found no link between the MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine and autism.
- Hundreds of skeletons, including humans and llamas, were found in an ancient mass sacrifice site in Peru.
- A mind-altering drug related to ketamine has been approved for use in hard-to-treat depression cases.
- Scientists believe they’ve found the second ever case of semi-identical twins.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!