We love a new tech gadget here at UNiDAYS® and when we were given the chance to review the fancy new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 we were super excited. The Surface Pro 4 has been dubbed the 'tablet that can replace your laptop' and has a huge 12.3" PixelSense™ screen which has super high contrast and low glare. This means that the pictures rival real life in terms of how real they look! Plus, the battery lasts up to 9 hours so you can work uninterrupted even when you're on the go. Say goodbye to chunky laptop chargers. We tested the Surface Pro 4 with a few different team members to really get a well rounded review. First up, Tam and Emily from our whizzy design team gave the Surface Pro a go and here's what they thought: "Being a hybrid between a tablet and a laptop makes it super portable and versatile for both work and play. Tablets can be too small to appreciate what’s on the screen and typing on them is a pain! Plus, the pen is really nice to hold and with a bit of practice, creating digital artwork could become really easy." Tam Next up, I gave the Surface Pro 4 a whirl from a social media point of view and I really liked how big the screen was as it was a great size for watching YouTube videos on and the screen makes everything looks amazing in terms of images. I really enjoyed the keyboard for typing up blog posts on the go with, it's a lot less fiddly than getting a laptop out when you're travelling via train too. It also weighs less than 2lbs and is really versatile. You can use it as a tablet or clip on the Type Cover keyboard and away you go, a laptop! I also really love the video conference in HD option with the 5MP front-facing camera. It's perfect for video calling your friends or family and it's great for us to talk to our team members overseas! Adam from our awesome app development team also had a go with the super cool Surface Pro 4 and had this to say:
- Smart looking and super powerful.
- Loads of ports and keyboard locking was nice and snappy.
- Would handle most coding really easily.
- Really nice display, reading content and blogs was really easy.
- The stylus was great on the colouring app (totally part of my everyday role…) but made me feel 100% more artistic than I actually am.
- Constantly trying to swipe up/down as if it was a tablet.
- Keyboard wasn’t very solid/nice to type on when it was propped up.
- Gave the handwriting a go, and it didn’t have a clue. I’m going to put this one down to the Surface and not my terrible handwriting.
- OneNote wasn’t easy to share content between devices, it took a lot of getting used to.
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!
Please verify your phone number. You will need it later on to unlock your offer.
We’ll send a one-time verification code via SMS.
Enter the verification code we have sent to
Sorry, too many attempts! Please wait 24 hours before trying again.
You have entered the verification code incorrectly too many times. Make sure you have entered the correct phone number or change it below.
The code has expired. Please try again.