I'm still on the Fridge Raiding trail! Check out my first post here for all the lowdown on how to finish up those pesky end of week ingredients with just a swish of a pan and some herbs! I don't know about you, but I end up using 2 or 3 pittas during the week and end up with half the packet left and before you know it they've gone pretty hard. So, I like to recycle them into little tortilla chips and it couldn't be easier. Say hello to a healthier crisp alternative, I could snack on these all day long!
- Cut the pitta into half lengthways, and then cut it into smaller pieces to resemble crisp size bites.
- Brush them in oil and season in salt and pepper. I also add a combo of any of the following rosemary, paprika, garlic salt, lime zest, chilli flakes, chopped garlic, fresh basil leaves or chives. Whatever takes your fancy!
- Bake for 10-15 mins until crunchy.
- Dip in houmous, salsa, greek yogurt or spread some feta or avocado on top. Delicious!
Even more from UNiDAYS
We bring the best discounts from the best brands to college and uni students, as well as exclusive videos, articles and loads of tips and advice to make your student life even better - all for free!
- Join now or log in to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Verify now to start saving on everything from food comas and fashion to (finally) getting fitter.
- Got a lot to say? We're always looking for awesome guest bloggers. Get in touch with your ideas!